My Brevard County Commission Debate 2016
A Vote for Change - Palm Bay issues.
1) Restore integrity to Palm Bay City Council.
2) Ensure public safety throughout our community, parks, recreation and City Hall facilities.
3) Bring jobs, businesses, and economic development to Palm Bay.
4) Strengthen infrastructure, including water, sewer, roads, information systems, fire and police.
5) Expand affordable housing for Palm Bay's working families, including rent control.
6) Protect the local environment, including our Indian River Lagoon and Turkey Creek.
7) we need a Veterans Services Officer at City Hall, so veterans can received help with the VA.
A Veteran with a Vision for Palm Bay
It's Time for Palm Bay to become an All-America city and a sister city.
For three consecutive years between 2003 and 2005, Palm Bay was a finalist for the All-America City Award.
The All-America City Award is a community recognition program in the USA given by the National Civic League. The award recognizes the work of communities in using inclusive civic engagement to address critical issues and create stronger connections among residents, businesses and nonprofit and government leaders. Once called the “Nobel Prize for Constructive Citizenship” – it has been awarded to more than 500 communities across the country.
The award is open to all American communities ranging from major cities and regions to towns, villages, counties, neighborhoods and tribes.
Since the program's inception in 1949, more than 500 communities have been named All-America Cities.
Each year, interested communities submit a comprehensive package based on published criteria that are evaluated in the award selection process.
Deserving communities are named as finalists, and the year's ten award winners are named from that pool of applicants.
Representatives from the finalist communities then travel to Denver to present the story of their work and their community to a jury of national experts. The awards conference includes workshops on promising practices.